Joy To Make sewing parties are fun, sociable and a great way of introducing yourself to a new skill, or brushing up on old ones.
We offer a bespoke service to any type of party size from a small group up to around 15 people. We also can offer a buffet style lunch, venue sourcing, and a photography experience to cherish your memories.
Types of party include:
- Applique cushion making: design your own motif and applique it on to your cushion. we teach you how to put in a zip, and even pipe it!
- Textile art: perfect for making wall hangings or decorative bedspreads, each person designs their own tile using a variety of fabrics and accessories
- Pin cushions: fun and quirky designs include our very own Vintage Tea Cup pincushion
We can provide your little ones with a busy crafty party. Types of crafts include:
- Learning to crochet and making headbands and braids
- Sewing bees making small bags, toys, or cushions
- Creative textiles, making little wall hangings out of different fabrics and accessories.
Thanks to Joy To Make for a fab party. At 34 years old, I learned how to make a crochet chain! Maya and her friends really enjoyed it too…oh and little Ben, who was brilliant at the crochet! Sarah
Celebrate your pre-nuptials with a creative get together! Hen parties are a brilliant time to bond with all of your best friends and family members, our creative hen parties are brilliantly sociable and you can create a special memento of the day to take home yourselves of make for the bride to be!
Joy To Make can make your hen party a day to remember.
We offer a tailor made hen party package to suit your requirements. We can accomodate groups of up to 15, source a venue for the day, offer expert advice and guidance, provide refreshments and serve afternoon tea.
No previous sewing experience is required, we can show you all the basics and guide you through. You can be as creative as you want to be, there’s no limits!
” What a fun day! I didn’t want to leave. When’s the next one? So sociable even in our silence. Felt like companionship with people I had just met as well as old friends. And we all produced something fab!” Dani
Birthday or special occasion parties
Get together with your friends and family for a few hours of crafty goodness! This is perfect for sewing bees and creative textile sessions, with cake and fizz thrown in!
“A thoughroughly enjoyable time, would love to come back on a regular basis!” Annie, 40th Birthday party